Came across Error code 404 in Quickbooks and did not find the perfect solution for it? Do not worry, we are here for you. Quickbooks error code 404 is a common issue that you can face when the Quickbooks application is not able to sync with Intuit servers. You may encounter the issue when you attempt to install the Quickbooks application on the system or while you are trying to start Windows operating system. The error message states: “Quickbooks error 404 pages not found” or “Service messages error”. So, if you wish to get rid of the issue, here are all the troubleshooting methods for you. Keep reading to know all the causes, solutions and symptoms of the error. Other than this, you can also contact the expert team to help you get rid of the issue. They will provide you with all the immediate solutions.
Factors of Error Code 404
A most common reason for which you can face the issue is that Quickbooks downloads on the system are damaged or corrupted. Below we have mentioned a list of all the other common reasons for the error.
- In case you are trying to install the application, it may delete or corrupt files related to the Quickbooks file.
- Your system may be infected with malware or virus which may further corrupt the Quickbooks related file.
- Windows registries are corrupted because of the wrong installation of the Quickbooks application.
- Quickbooks application is not downloaded properly on the system.
Identifying Quickbooks Error Code 404 with These Symptoms
To identify the Quickbooks error 404, you will have to look for the following symptoms on the system.
- You will not be able to access the web page on your server.
- The error prompt will appear on the screen on the screen.
- Error code may also affect the performance of another active program on the system.
- The system will run slowly or respond sluggishly to the keyboard and mouse inputs.
- The same issue occurs again and again on the system while carrying out a particular task.
Fixation Methods for Quickbooks Error Code 404
Quickbooks error 404 may occur because of various reasons as mentioned in the above section of the article as well. Here, we have listed all the ways that you can use to get rid of the issue. Also, we have listed all the relevant steps with each method so that you can complete the process easily.
Fix 1: Configuring System Settings Again
- To start with, you will have to start the Quickbooks application on the system and also, open your company file.
- You will have to carry out the step where you encountered the issue.
- Now, you will have to sign out of the company file and also, terminate Quickbooks.
- Next, tap on the option to update Windows to the latest version and then start your system.
- When done, open Internet Explorer on the system. In the explorer window, tap on the Tools option. From the menu, tap on internet options.
- Under this, you will have to click on the advanced tab and then click on the Browse option.
- You will now have to terminate all the Quickbooks applications running on the system and save all the information.
- Now, press the Windows and R keys together. In the Run window, type MSConfig and then tap on OK.
- When the configuration window will open on the screen, you will have to click on the General tab.
- Click on the startup selection checkbox and then select the Selective startup option.
- You will now have to tap on the OK option.
- When done, you will have to start your system again.
Fix 2: Update or Repair Quickbooks
- To begin with, start Quickbooks on the system and then choose the Help tab.
- You will then have to tap on the option to update Quickbooks.
- When done, you will have to start the Quickbooks company file and perform the operation where you have faced the issue.
- In case you continue facing the issue, you will have to follow these steps:
- To begin with, you will have to tap on the Windows and R icon again.
- Now, in the run window search box, type Appwiz.cpl.
- When done, a list of all the applications will appear on the screen. Choose Quickbooks and then click on the Repair option.
- In the end, verify if the issue is fixed.
Fix 3: Modifying Internet Settings
- First, ensure that you have updated Internet Explorer to the latest version.
- You will now have to start Internet Explorer and then tap on the tools icon. Under this, choose the internet option.
- From the internet settings option, you will have to click on the security option and then choose the trusted sites option.
- Now, click on the option to add intuit.com and quickbooks.com under the trusted sites option.
- When done, close the prompt and then click on OK to save the changes.
- You will then have to sign out of the file and then terminate the Quickbooks application.
- In the end, you will have to start Quickbooks again on the system and then attempt to open the company file. Perform the same procedure to check if you are facing the issue.
These are all the methods that you can use to fix Quickbooks error code 404. We have tried summarizing all the methods, in brief, to help you fix the issue with ease. However, if you face the same issue again, you can also talk to the support team.